Tonight, I will write a letter to myself on the evening of my birthday, like I've done every single June 22nd since I was ten years old. Tomorrow morning, I will turn 23. I will set my alarm to wake me at exactly 6:14 like I always do, the minute I was born. I'll watch the sun settle in over the lake from my cozy little spot in my living room. I'll drink tea and make chocolate chip pancakes for myself while I wait for the rest of the world to wake up. I'll reflect, the place where my contemplative brain likes most to be. This year wasn't always easy, but it was remarkable in the best kind of way-- the kind of joy that sneaks up on you when you're least expecting it.
22 was a great year. I predict 23 will be spectacular.
Now, to close the chapter on my 23 Things-- and onto the next :)
- Have a reiki treatment (7/13/11)
Try fruit fasting(this has been since amended. I love fruit, but since I went paleo, this isn't right for me anymore :))
- Try acupuncture/acupressure (4/16/12)
- Bike commute to work/grad school/wherever at least a few times
- Make Indian food from scratch (5/8/12)
- Pay anonymously for the stranger's drink behind me in the Starbucks drive-thru (people used to do this when I worked at Starbucks, and it melted my heart. I love people.) (6/3/12)
- Watch When Harry Met Sally (8/31/11)
- Take a road trip
- Camp. Or sleep under the stars, even if it has to be on my balcony.
- Greet the sunrise outside with sun salutations & my favorite yoga practice. Preferably at the lake, but anywhere where the sun is and I am is good enough for me. (5/15/12)
- Have a dressy dinner party with friends that looks fancy on the outside but is goofy on the inside.
- Go to a wine tasting, for the love of pete. Shouldn't I have done this by now? (8/8/11)
- Make pasta from scratch (7/21/11)
- Launch the new blog (7/11/11)
- Write a short story (6/22/12)
- Build a little nest-egg in my savings account (6/8/12)
- Say YES more. (yes to love! yes to life! yes to staying in more! Liz Lemon, anyone? ;)) (6/16)
- Learn all the words to Ice, Ice, Baby (clearly, I'm in need of a good party trick.)
- Cook something intimidating, like a roast of some sort. Or a souffle. Or a whole chicken. Anything but live lobster.
- Read Anne of Green Gables (4/28/12)
- Knit myself hedgehog mittens
- Create a recipe of all my own making. Not just throwing random stuff together (which, admittedly, usually works deliciously), but actually create a dish that I can stamp my name on as my very own, thankyouverymuch. (12/18/11)
- Make every breath I take be a prayer of love + gratitude. Be aware, consciously, of my blessings at least once every single day. (6/23/12)