Let's take a look at all the things that have happened since our last check-in:
1. Go total curly girl method for at least 30 days (done 11/13). Can I just say this was a little anti-climactic? Going sulfate-free helped my curls immensely, but I did that like, two years ago. My curls are still curlin' away, but it appears it's not going to be as simple as just co-washing to figure them out! I'll persist, mostly because I just can't quit you, curls.
3. Host another clothing swap & donate the rest to the awesome organization where I did my clinicals (done 9/16/13) Heyo! This is still my favorite thing. Cleaning out my closet + getting new clothes for free + lady bonding time + donating heaps of quality things to worthy organizations? It's like all my favorite things in one neat little package.
13. Host/go to a red wine tasting, learn more specific details besides just: um... I like it. (done 3/27) Guess what! Wine is good. Surprise surprise. I think there's plenty more to learn here, so this wasn't a one-and-done, but some friends and I hosted a wine pairing night at my apartment and let me tell you, it was fantastic (and thank goodness I was already home because man, two glasses of wine and I'm a goner).
16. Nail down some definitives on my N=1 experiment. (never done, of course-- but kicked into high gear in March!) Did you know that my body does not like dairy? I KNOW. Dear thyroid, quit your shenanigans, please. But the great news is I'm feeling great-- I'll report more soon if anyone is interested!
17. Make paleo donuts (done 2/1/14). The long & short: I made them. They were tasty. Unfortunately as much as I wished it into existance, they did not taste like chemical-bomb krispy kremes. Just because I don't eat them doesn't mean I don't still dream about them, friend. But it was a fun experiment and I will definitely be trying more recipes!
15. Take a trip (done 3/7-3/10). Three of my favorite people and I packed up for a long weekend in San Francisco to celebrate our beautiful friends' beautiful wedding and it was a mush mush weekend of love and excellent food and uber rides and large golden-y, gated bridges and did I mention I love exploring new cities? Because I do. More! I want to go to all the places!
20. Pay off my credit card bill entirely. (done 3/28) This was BY FAR the greatest, most anticlimactic thing on this list. I was laying in bed one Friday morning, realized that I had the final payment ready to go and a few button-clicks on my iphone later, it was paid off. No-Spend January was a rousing success in that not only enabled my San Francisco adventure, but let me finally check this one off my list and it feels GREAT. I love knowing this isn't hanging over my head anymore, and now I feel really prepared to tackle those student loan payments looming on the horizon (only slight sarcasm here)!
|hangin' out. (ask how often I make|
that pun. wait, don't.)